We can grab an element by ID with the getElementById() method of the document object. In order to be accessed by ID, the HTML element must have an id attribute. We have a div element with an ID of demo . In the Console, let’s get the element and assign it to the demoId variable.
How do you hide an element in HTML?
You can hide an element in CSS using the CSS properties display: none or visibility: hidden. display: none removes the entire element from the page and mat affect the layout of the page. visibility: hidden hides the element while keeping the space the same.
How do I hide an image in HTML?
The trick to hiding any element on your web page is to insert either a ” display: none; ” or ” visibility: hidden; ” rule for that element. The ” display: none; ” rule not only hides the element, but also removes it from the document flow.
How do you show in HTML?
The tried and true method for HTML:
- Replace the & character with &
- Replace the < character with <
- Replace the > character with >
- Optionally surround your HTML sample with <pre> and/or <code> tags.
What are the 4 ways methods of finding HTML elements?
There are several ways to do this:
- Finding HTML elements by id.
- Finding HTML elements by tag name.
- Finding HTML elements by class name.
- Finding HTML elements by CSS selectors.
- Finding HTML elements by HTML object collections.