How do you hide a text field in Java?
if you only want to deactivate TextField you can use: myTextField. setEditable(false); This will not “hide” the TextField it will be only not editable.
How do you hide a component in Java Swing?
You can use ‘Component. setVisible(true/false)’ to display or hide components.
How do you use text fields in Java?
java . The following code creates and sets up the text field: textField = new JTextField(20);
How to Use Text Fields.
|JTextField||What this section covers: basic text fields.|
|JFormattedTextField||A JTextField subclass that allows you to specify the legal set of characters that the user can enter. See How to Use Formatted Text Fields.|
What is the use of setEchoChar method?
char getEchoChar() : returns the character used for echoing in JPasswordField. setEchoChar(char c) : set the echo character for JPasswordField. String getPassword() : returns the text contained in JPasswordField. String getText() : returns the text contained in JPasswordField.
What is getPassword in Java?
JPasswordField.getPassword() returns a char  instead of a String . This is done for the sake of security. You should compare the characters inside the array instead of seeing if the char  .equals(a String);
1. Set the visible property to false. The simplest way to hide a button from the display is to invoke setVisible() on the button object. Passing the boolean value false will have the effect of making the button completely invisible.
How do I get TextField text?
To use a JTextField for Input
- Declare a JTextField as an instance variable. Reason: If it’s an instance variable, it can be seen in all methods in the class.
- Assign an initial value to this variable by calling the JTextField constructor. …
- Add the text field to a container. …
- Input is done by calling the getText() .
What is the Java object for text fields?
The object of a TextField class is a text component that allows a user to enter a single line text and edit it. It inherits TextComponent class, which further inherits Component class. When we enter a key in the text field (like key pressed, key released or key typed), the event is sent to TextField.
What is the use of this keyword?
The this keyword refers to the current object in a method or constructor. The most common use of the this keyword is to eliminate the confusion between class attributes and parameters with the same name (because a class attribute is shadowed by a method or constructor parameter).