How do I get the latest record in each group in SQL?
First we use GROUP BY to get most recent date for each group. Now that we know the most recent date for each group, we join this result with our original table to get latest record by date group.
How do I find recent records in SQL?
But there are ways to get the last record in MySql, SQL Server, Oracle etc. databases.
- SELECT column_name FROM table_name.
- ORDER BY column_name DESC.
- WHERE ROWNUM <=1;
How do I get the last row in SQL Server?
If the table is indexed on the sort column, then SQL will just read the last row of the table. No expensive sort or full table scan is needed. @Sri You would execute SELECT TOP 1000 * FROM table_name ORDER BY column_name DESC and should output the last 1000 records.
How do I get last 10 records in SQL?
mysql> SELECT * FROM ( -> SELECT * FROM Last10RecordsDemo ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 -> )Var1 -> -> ORDER BY id ASC; The following is the output that displays the last 10 records. We can match both records with the help of the SELECT statement.
What is query for second highest salary?
We can nest the above query to find the second largest salary. select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How do I sort by date in SQL query?
Introduction to SQL ORDER BY DATE
- Syntax and parameters:
- Using DESC to sort records in descending order.
- Using DATE PARTS such as MONTH, DAY, HOUR, etc. as an argument in ORDER BY clause.
- Using two DATE arguments in ORDER BY clause.
- Using DATE obtained from DATEADD function as an argument in ORDER BY clause.
How do I get last 3 records in SQL?
SELECT * FROM (select * from suppliers ORDER BY supplier_name DESC) suppliers2 WHERE rownum <= 3 ORDER BY rownum DESC; Notice that although you want the last 3 records sorted by supplier_name in ascending order, you actually sort the supplier_name in descending order in this solution.
How do you find the nth record in SQL?
ROW_NUMBER (Window Function)
ROW_NUMBER (Window Function) is a standard way of selecting the nth row of a table. It is supported by all the major databases like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, etc.
How do I get the latest date in SQL query?
- select t.username, t.date, t.value.
- from MyTable t.
- inner join (
- select username, max(date) as MaxDate.
- from MyTable.
- group by username.
- ) tm on t.username = tm.username and t.date = tm.MaxDate.
How can get second highest salary in SQL Server?
How To Find Second Highest Salary Using a Sub-Query
- SELECT TOP 1 SALARY.
- FROM (
- SELECT DISTINCT TOP 2 SALARY.
- FROM tbl_Employees.
- ORDER BY SALARY DESC.
- ) RESULT.
- ORDER BY SALARY.
What is Scope_identity () in SQL?
SCOPE_IDENTITY() returns the IDENTITY value inserted in T1. This was the last insert that occurred in the same scope. The SCOPE_IDENTITY() function returns the null value if the function is invoked before any INSERT statements into an identity column occur in the scope.
How do I count duplicate rows in SQL?
How to Find Duplicate Values in SQL
- Using the GROUP BY clause to group all rows by the target column(s) – i.e. the column(s) you want to check for duplicate values on.
- Using the COUNT function in the HAVING clause to check if any of the groups have more than 1 entry; those would be the duplicate values.