How do I get the last 3 characters of a string in SQL?
SQL Server RIGHT() Function
- Extract 3 characters from a string (starting from right): SELECT RIGHT(‘SQL Tutorial’, 3) AS ExtractString;
- Extract 5 characters from the text in the “CustomerName” column (starting from right): …
- Extract 100 characters from a string (starting from right):
How do I get last 5 characters of a string in SQL?
To get the first n characters of string with MySQL, use LEFT(). To get the last n char of string, the RIGHT() method is used in MySQL.
How do I get the first 3 characters of a string in SQL?
You can use LEN() or LENGTH()(in case of oracle sql) function to get the length of a column. SELECT LEN(column_name) FROM table_name; And you can use SUBSTRING or SUBSTR() function go get first three characters of a column.
How do I get last 6 digits in SQL?
You can use the modulo operator to easily extract the last 6 digits assuming num is a numeric datatype: select num % 1000000 as num from db where user = ? This will accurately get the last 6 digits from the argument you pass.
How do you order last 3 characters?
SELECT `name` FROM `students` WHERE `marks` > 75 ORDER BY SUBSTR(`name`, -3), ID ASC; SUBSTR(name, -3) will select the last three characters in the name column of the student table.
How do I get only the alphabet of a string in SQL?
SQL Query to Get Alphabets From String
- DECLARE @strEnrollmentNumber NVARCHAR(MAX) = ‘SOE14CE13017’
- DECLARE @intNumber INT.
- SET @intNumber = PATINDEX(‘%[^A-Za-z]%’, @strEnrollmentNumber)
- WHILE @intNumber > 0.
- SET @strEnrollmentNumber = STUFF(@strEnrollmentNumber, @intNumber, 1, ” )
How do I get the last value of a string in SQL?
We could use LAST_VALUE() in SQL Server to find the last value from any table. LAST_VALUE() function used in SQL server is a type of window function that results the last value in an ordered partition of the given data set.
How do I select a string in SQL?
SQL Server SUBSTRING() Function
- Extract 3 characters from a string, starting in position 1: SELECT SUBSTRING(‘SQL Tutorial’, 1, 3) AS ExtractString;
- Extract 5 characters from the “CustomerName” column, starting in position 1: …
- Extract 100 characters from a string, starting in position 1:
What is the meaning of like 0 0?
Feature ends with two 0’s. Feature has more than two 0’s. Feature has two 0’s in it, at any position.
What is Substr in SQL?
SUBSTR: Extracting a Substring From a String Value (SQL)
The SUBSTR function returns a substring of a character value. … You can also specify the length of the substring (if omitted, the substring extends from the start position to the end of the string value).