How do you loop a SQL query?
- The initial step is executed first, and only once. This step allows you to declare and initialize any loop control variables.
- Next, the condition, i.e., initial_value .. …
- After the body of the for loop executes, the value of the counter variable is increased or decreased.
- The condition is now evaluated again.
Can you do a FOR LOOP in SQL?
In SQL Server, there is no FOR LOOP. However, you simulate the FOR LOOP using the WHILE LOOP.
How do you repeat a record in SQL?
SQL Repeat Rows N Times According to Column Value
- CREATE TABLE RepeatRows ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- SELECT * — Id, RepeatText, RepeatCount. FROM RepeatRows r. …
- CREATE TABLE Exams ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- CREATE TABLE ExamScores ( Id int identity(1,1), …
- INSERT INTO ExamScores (ExamId, ExamDate) SELECT Id, ExamDate.
How do I run a SQL query in a FOR LOOP?
Running a Query Inside the Loop
- WHILE @Counter <= @MaxOscars.
- SET @NumFilms =
- SELECT COUNT(*)
- FROM tblFilm.
- WHERE FilmOscarWins = @Counter.
- SET @Counter += 1.
What is a nested loop give an example?
A nested loop is a (inner) loop that appears in the loop body of another (outer) loop. The inner or outer loop can be any type: while, do while, or for. For example, the inner loop can be a while loop while an outer loop can be a for loop.
Which form of continue will exit any loop SQL?
Oracle Database 11g offers a new feature for loops: the CONTINUE statement. Use this statement to exit the current iteration of a loop, and immediately continue on to the next iteration of that loop. This statement comes in two forms, just like EXIT: the unconditional CONTINUE and the conditional CONTINUE WHEN.
How do I stop an infinite loop in SQL Server?
In SQL Server, the BREAK statement is used when you want to exit from a WHILE LOOP and execute the next statements after the loop’s END statement.
How do I create a foreach loop in SQL Server?
1. create a temp table and put the records you want to iterate in there 2. use WHILE @@ROWCOUNT <> 0 to do the iterating 3. to get one row at a time do, SELECT TOP 1 <fieldnames> b. save the unique ID for that row in a variable 4.
What is the syntax to invoke a stored procedure?
The EXEC command is used to execute a stored procedure, or a SQL string passed to it. You can also use full command EXECUTE which is the same as EXEC.
How do I find duplicate rows in SQL?
How to Find Duplicate Values in SQL
- Using the GROUP BY clause to group all rows by the target column(s) – i.e. the column(s) you want to check for duplicate values on.
- Using the COUNT function in the HAVING clause to check if any of the groups have more than 1 entry; those would be the duplicate values.
How do you eliminate duplicate rows in SQL query without distinct?
Below are alternate solutions :
- Remove Duplicates Using Row_Number. WITH CTE (Col1, Col2, Col3, DuplicateCount) AS ( SELECT Col1, Col2, Col3, ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY Col1, Col2, Col3 ORDER BY Col1) AS DuplicateCount FROM MyTable ) SELECT * from CTE Where DuplicateCount = 1.
- Remove Duplicates using group By.
How do I filter duplicates in SQL?
The go to solution for removing duplicate rows from your result sets is to include the distinct keyword in your select statement. It tells the query engine to remove duplicates to produce a result set in which every row is unique. The group by clause can also be used to remove duplicates.