Where does SQL Developer save connections?
It is stored in a file called connections. xml under Users[User]AppDataRoamingSQL DeveloperSystem When i renamed the file, all my connection info went away.
How do I keep the connection alive in SQL Developer?
Go to Tools –> Preferences and click “Check connection”. It pings the database every 60 seconds, making the session active and avoids idle session disconnects caused by profiles.
How do I export database connections?
To export a database connection:
- Select View | Connection Navigator .
- Right-click Database and choose Export Connections.
- In the Export Connection Descriptors dialog, enter the filename or click Browse to specify a location and name for the connection file.
How do I View history in SQL Developer?
Well, as it turns out, SQL Developer has a SQL History button. Pressing the “F8” key, or from the “View” menu, select the menu option: This will bring up a new tab, which shows all the queries that have been run in the last while: Unfortunatly, the problem is that you can look, but you can’t really touch.
How do I find my SQL Developer username and password?
- Open your SQL command line and type the following: SQL> connect / as sysdba.
- Once connected,you can enter the following query to get details of username and password: …
- This will list down the usernames,but passwords would not be visible.
How do I set preferences in SQL Developer?
What options SHOULD you be aware of?
- You can find the Preferences Dialog under the Tools Menu.
- Keep a running list of all of your query output.
- Turn this off. …
- Tell SQL Developer what database objects you want to see when clicking around the tree.
How do I open the command line in SQL Developer?
Press the Return key to open a Command window. In the Command window, start SQL*Plus by running the batch file with the G:sqlplus command.
How do I keep Oracle connection alive?
To change the keep-alive settings, run the set-keep-alive-prop command. For example to change the maximum number of keep-alive connections, run the following command: tadm> set-keep-alive-prop –config=soa max-connections=2000OTD-70201 Command ‘set-keep-alive-prop’ ran successfully.
Why does SQL Developer keep disconnecting?
The theory is that this is being caused by and Out of Bands (OOB) error in the jdbc driver or on the network. Whatever the error, jdbc driver or network, the constant need to reconnect was rendering SQL Developer almost useless for those connections for which this occurred.
What is Sqlnet expire_time?
The SQLNET. … EXPIRE_TIME specifies a time interval (in minutes) to send a check, which verifies that the client/server connections are active. Setting a value greater than 0 ensures that connections are not left open indefinitely, due to an abnormal client termination.
How do I export SQL connections?
In short, to export connections in SQL Developer, the steps are:
- Open SQL Developer.
- Right click on the Connections item in the Connections tree, and select “Export Connections…”
- Select the connections you want to export.
- Specify the output file.
- Select either encrypt passwords or remove passwords.
- Click Finish.
How do I export WinSCP connections?
To export/back up your configuration, go to Tools > Export/Backup configuration on Login dialog. In older versions of WinSCP, use Export button on Preferences dialog.