- open terminal,
- create an empty file: touch script.js ,
- edit file and add a simple function: var add = (a, b) => a + b; console. log(add(5, 10));
- run script using node script. js command,
- the output should be 15 .
How do I run a .JS file?
- Install the Code Runner Extension.
How do I run Nodemon?
Just executing command nodemon index. js will run your project. But if you install Nodemon locally by command npm install nodemon then you have to specify the script. If you name it as start then npm run start or npm start will trigger the server to run.
How do I run a script in terminal?
Steps to write and execute a script
- Open the terminal. Go to the directory where you want to create your script.
- Create a file with . sh extension.
- Write the script in the file using an editor.
- Make the script executable with command chmod +x
- Run the script using ./
What is npm Run command?
The npm run command lets you define custom scripts in your package. json , so you can reduce complex node-related shell scripts into simple one-liners. In this article, you’ll learn about common npm run use cases, including using npm run to pipe ES6 browser code through Babel and Browserify.
- Open Chrome on your computer.
- Click. Settings.
- Click Privacy and security.
- Click Site settings.
- Turn on Allowed (recommended).
- In your favorite text editor, open the file hello. …
- Click in the empty line just before the closing tag and type: . …
- Launch a web browser and open the hello.
- Add the shbang line to your script.
- If on unix do the chmod +x thing.
- Turn your script into an npm project (if not already an npm project) by putting it into its own folder then running npm init inside that folder (this will create a package.json file)
How do I run code in browser console?
Press Command+Option+J (Mac) or Control+Shift+J (Windows, Linux, Chrome OS) to open the Console, right here on this very page. Figure 2. This tutorial on the left, and DevTools on the right.