How do I get all views in SQL Server?
SQL Server List Views
- SELECT OBJECT_SCHEMA_NAME(v.object_id) schema_name, v.name FROM sys.views as v;
- SELECT OBJECT_SCHEMA_NAME(o.object_id) schema_name, o.name FROM sys.objects as o WHERE o.type = ‘V’;
How do I get the View script in SQL Server?
Select the View in the Object Explorer, right click, and select Script View as -> Create to -> New Query Editor Window. That will create a script to create the view in a new window.
How do I get all the table scripts in SQL Server?
- Right click Database.
- Select All Tasks > Generate SQL Scripts.
- Click Show All.
- Check All Tables.
- Click the Formatting tab. Select the options you require.
- Click the Options tab. …
- Then choose whether you want it all in one file or one file per object.
How do I get all index scripts in SQL Server?
How to Get Table Script with Their all Indexes in SQL Server
- Steps: Right click on you database – > Tasks – > Generate Scripts ->
- Next – > Next ->
- Set Script indexes =true.
- Check tables – > next.
- Check sales_report table – > next.
How do I get a list of SPS in SQL Server?
Get list of Stored Procedure and Tables from Sql Server database
- For Tables: SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES.
- For Stored Procedure: Select [NAME] from sysobjects where type = ‘P’ and category = 0.
- For Views: Select [NAME] from sysobjects where type = ‘V’ and category = 0.
How do I View SQL views?
Find the database in Management Studio. In the database, click on the Views folder on the left (officially called the Object Explorer) which should show you a list of the views on your right. If it doesn’t, you want to go to the View menu and chose Object Details. Select all your views.
Can a trigger be created on a view?
Triggers may be created on views, as well as ordinary tables, by specifying INSTEAD OF in the CREATE TRIGGER statement. If one or more ON INSERT, ON DELETE or ON UPDATE triggers are defined on a view, then it is not an error to execute an INSERT, DELETE or UPDATE statement on the view, respectively.
How do I view a script?
Select the View in the Object Explorer, right click, and select Script View as -> Create to -> New Query Editor Window.
How do I view a SQL table query?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, select the table for which you want to show properties.
- Right-click the table and choose Properties from the shortcut menu. For more information, see Table Properties – SSMS.
What Cannot have a trigger associated with it?
Since triggers execute as part of a transaction, the following statements are not allowed in a trigger: All create commands, including create database, create table, create index, create procedure, create default, create rule, create trigger, and create view. All drop commands. alter table and alter database.
How do I automate a script in SQL Server?
How can I automate the “generate scripts” task in SQL Server Management Studio 2008?
- Right click on my database, Tasks, “Generate Scripts…”
- manually select all the export options I need, and hit select all on the “select object” tab.
- Select the export folder.
- Eventually hit the “Finish” button.
How do I list all tables in SQL?
Then issue one of the following SQL statement:
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user: