How do you select top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How can we find third highest salary in each department in SQL?
This code first selects some columns from the tables employee and department . To use NTH_VALUE() , we have to specify the column and the value of N. Since we want to get the third-highest salary , the column is salary, and N = 3; hence, we have NTH_VALUE(salary, 3) . This will get us the third-highest salary.
How do you select the highest nth value in SQL?
Using this function we can find the nth highest value using the following query.
- DECLARE @nthHighest INT = 2. …
- DECLARE @nthHighest INT = 2.
- ;WITH CTE(EmpId,Empcode,Name,Salary,EmpRank)
- SELECT EmpId,Empcode,Name,Salary,
- DENSE_RANK() OVER(ORDER BY Salary DESC) AS EmpRank.
- SELECT * FROM CTE WHERE EmpRank = @nthHighest.
How can I get top 2 salary in SQL?
select *from employee group by salary order by salary desc limit 1,1; There are other ways : SELECT name, MAX(salary) AS salary FROM employee WHERE salary IN (SELECT salary FROM employee MINUS SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee);
How can I get highest salary in department wise?
Notice that Smith and Tom belong to the Engg department and both have the same salary, which is the highest in the Engg department. Hence the query “SELECT DeptID, MAX(Salary) FROM EmpDetails GROUP BY DeptID” will not work since MAX() returns a single value.
What is top SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP statement is used to retrieve records from one or more tables in a database and limit the number of records returned based on a fixed value or percentage. TIP: SELECT TOP is Microsoft’s proprietary version to limit your results and can be used in databases such as SQL Server and MSAccess.
What is SQL limit?
The SQL LIMIT statement restricts how many rows a query returns. A LIMIT statement appears at the end of a query, after any ORDER BY statements. You can start a LIMIT statement at a particular row using the offset argument.
What is Rownum in SQL?
For each row returned by a query, the ROWNUM pseudocolumn returns a number indicating the order in which Oracle selects the row from a table or set of joined rows. If an ORDER BY clause follows ROWNUM in the same query, then the rows will be reordered by the ORDER BY clause. …
How can find maximum salary and name in SQL?
Try using this SQL SELECT statement: SELECT * FROM employees WHERE department_id=30 AND salary = (SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employees WHERE department_id=30); This will return the employee information for only the employee in department 30 that has the highest salary.
How do I count duplicate rows in SQL?
How to Find Duplicate Values in SQL
- Using the GROUP BY clause to group all rows by the target column(s) – i.e. the column(s) you want to check for duplicate values on.
- Using the COUNT function in the HAVING clause to check if any of the groups have more than 1 entry; those would be the duplicate values.