How do I drop an entire database?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
- Expand Databases, right-click the database to delete, and then click Delete.
- Confirm the correct database is selected, and then click OK.
How do I dump an entire MySQL database?
To create a backup of all MySQL server databases, run the following command:
- mysqldump –user root –password –all-databases > all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password mysql < all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password [db_name] < [db_name].sql. …
- select @@datadir;
Can you send a MySQL database?
We can transfer a MySQL database from one PC to another PC using mysqldump command. We have to create dump file of database to transfer database from one PC to another PC. MySQL database is not portable database i.e. we cannot transfer it from one PC to another PC by copying and pasting it.
Does dropping a database delete it?
Dropping a database deletes the database from an instance of SQL Server and deletes the physical disk files used by the database. If the database or any one of its files is offline when it is dropped, the disk files are not deleted. These files can be deleted manually by using Windows Explorer.
What does drop database command do?
DROP DATABASE drops all tables in the database and deletes the database. … To use DROP DATABASE, you need the DROP privilege on the database. DROP SCHEMA is a synonym for DROP DATABASE . Important: When a database is dropped, user privileges on the database are not automatically dropped.
Is Mysqldump blocking?
By default, the mysqldump utility, which allows to back a MySQL database, will perform a lock on all tables until the backup is complete. … You can use the Mysqldump utility with a specific flag, –single-transaction, which will allow you to backup your database tables without locking them.
How do I move a MySQL database?
- Shutdown mysql.
- Move all the files in your current data directory to the new location (check out the location in step 3 – datadir parameter).
- Locate my. ini file (it is in the mysql installation directory). Change datadir parameter value to point to the new location.
- Start mysql.
How can I see all MySQL databases?
To list all databases in MySQL, execute the following command: mysql> show databases; This command will work for you whether you have Ubuntu VPS or CentOS VPS. If you have other databases created in MySQL, they will be listed here.
How do I import a database into MySQL?
How to import a MySQL database
- Log in to cPanel. …
- In the DATABASES section of the cPanel home screen, click phpMyAdmin: …
- In the left pane of the phpMyAdmin page, click the database that you want to import the data into.
- Click the Import tab.
- Under File to Import, click Browse, and then select the dbexport. …
- Click Go.