How do you highlight data in SQL?
The SQL SELECT Statement
- SELECT column1, column2, … FROM table_name;
- SELECT * FROM table_name;
- Example. SELECT CustomerName, City FROM Customers;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Customers;
How do I highlight a line in SQL?
We’re good to go! From now on, pressing Ctrl + L with no selection will select the current line in SQL Query Editor. Might look too many strokes, but it is fast enough.
Can you highlight in SSMS?
In SSMS highlight any object name text in the query window and press Alt+F1. Any text you highlighted is passed to sp_help .
How do you highlight text in SSMS?
In the last version of SSMS (currently version 17.1), select the text and type CTRL + F .
How do I highlight a column in SQL?
Column and block text selection using SQL Server Management…
- Using SHIFT to Select Text. …
- Using SHIFT+ALT to Select Columns. …
- Using SHIFT+ALT to Select Columns and Insert Text. …
- Using CTRL+SHIFT+END to Select Text. …
- Using CTRL+SHIFT+HOME to Select Text. …
- Using CTRL+A to Select All Text.
How do you display in SQL?
The DISPLAY command must be placed immediately after the query statement on which you want it to take effect. For example: SELECT pno, pname FROM part WHERE color=’BLUE’; DISPLAY; When the system encounters this DISPLAY command, it displays the Result window containing the part number and name for all blue parts.
Which SQL keyword is used to retrieve a maximum value?
MAX() is the SQL keyword is used to retrieve the maximum value in the selected column.
What is the shortcut to check table properties in SQL?
1 Answer. If you select a table name in the query window of Sql Server Management Studio and press ALT + F1 it will display the details of that table.
How do I quickly comment in SQL?
To comment out lines of code in SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) Query Window, select lines of code you want to comment out and hit the keyboard shortcut ‘CTRL+K’ followed by ‘CTRL+C’.
How do I comment multiple lines in Oracle SQL Developer?
6 Answers. In SQL Developer, I highlight all lines of PL/SQL that I want commented and use Ctrl + / . Obviously, you would like a way to comment and uncomment multiple lines quickly. This will put — in front of each line you have highlighted.
How do I create a stored procedure?
How to Create a Stored Procedure
- In Object Explorer, connect to an instance of Database Engine and then expand that instance.
- Expand Databases, expand the AdventureWorks2012 database, and then expand Programmability.
- Right-click Stored Procedures, and then click New Stored Procedure.
How do I comment in SQL code?
Comments Within SQL Statements
- Begin the comment with a slash and an asterisk (/*). Proceed with the text of the comment. This text can span multiple lines. …
- Begin the comment with — (two hyphens). Proceed with the text of the comment. This text cannot extend to a new line.
How do you display text in SQL query?
:Explanation: Note: You can use literal string (enclosed in single or double quotation mark) just like we use a column name in the SELECT statement. If you use the literal string with a column then it will be displayed in every row of the query results.
How do I select in SSMS?
Once you have launched SQL Server Management Studio, you’ll want to select your database. Then click the New Query button located in the top tool bar. This displays a query window to the right. You can type any thing you want in this window, as it is basically a text editor.