How do you run a loop in SQL?
- The initial step is executed first, and only once. This step allows you to declare and initialize any loop control variables.
- Next, the condition, i.e., initial_value .. …
- After the body of the for loop executes, the value of the counter variable is increased or decreased.
- The condition is now evaluated again.
How do you write a loop in SQL Server?
I am detailing answer on ways to achieve different types of loops in SQL server.
- FOR Loop. DECLARE @cnt INT = 0; WHILE @cnt < 10 BEGIN PRINT ‘Inside FOR LOOP’; SET @cnt = @cnt + 1; END; PRINT ‘Done FOR LOOP’;
- DO.. WHILE Loop. …
- REPEAT..UNTIL Loop.
How do you iterate in SQL query?
- Use DATABASENAME.
- DECLARE @PRODUCTDETAILSTABLE table (PRODUCTNAME nvarchar(100), PRODUCTID int, PRODUCTCOST int)
- — Declare your array table variable.
- DECLARE @MYARRAY table (TEMPCOL nvarchar(50), ARRAYINDEX int identity(1,1) )
Can we run a loop in SQL?
In SQL Server, there is no FOR LOOP. However, you simulate the FOR LOOP using the WHILE LOOP.
What is a nested loop give an example?
A nested loop is a (inner) loop that appears in the loop body of another (outer) loop. The inner or outer loop can be any type: while, do while, or for. For example, the inner loop can be a while loop while an outer loop can be a for loop.
How do you use a WHILE loop in PL SQL?
Example of PL/SQL While Loop
- i INTEGER := 1;
- WHILE i <= 10 LOOP.
- i := i+1;
- END LOOP;
How do I stop a WHILE LOOP in SQL Server?
Avoid the use of the WHILE LOOP. Use UNION ALL instead of UNION whenever is possible. Avoid using the joins of multiple tables in the where and join in the from clause.
How can we iterate through database?
“</td></tr>“; } echo “</table>”; The while loop will loop through the results and assign a row to $row, until you run out of rows. Plus no need to deal with getting the count of results at that point. This is the “usual” way to loop through results from a DB in php.
How do I create a list in SQL?
You can create lists of SQL Query or Fixed Data values . In the Data Model components pane, click List of Values and then click Create new List of Values. Enter a Name for the list and select a Type.