What user runs apache?
Apache user is typically the user that the apache httpd server uses when running. It uses this “apache” user to avoid having to use a “human” user, and to avoid having to run as root.
What is PHP FPM user?
Php fpm is the new way to setup php to run with your webserver. Php-fpm is a fastcgi process manager for php that is totally separate from the webserver. The webserver communicates with fpm through a socket and passes the name of the script to execute. So fpm can run with any web server that is fastcgi compatible.
How do I know if Apache is running?
Apache HTTP web server
Go to http://server-ip:80 on your web browser. A page saying your Apache server is running properly should show up. This command will show whether Apache is running or has stopped.
How do I run Apache as a different user?
How to run apache as an alternate user
- export APACHE_RUN_USER=www-data. export APACHE_RUN_GROUP=www-data.
- export APACHE_RUN_USER=nim. export APACHE_RUN_GROUP=nim.
- sudo chown -R nim /var/www/html/* sudo chgrp -R nim /var/www/html/*
- sudo chown -R nim /n/media. sudo chgrp -R nim /n/media.
How can I tell if PHP-FPM is running?
First open the php-fpm configuration file and enable the status page as shown. Inside this file, find and uncomment the variable pm. status_path = /status as shown in the screenshot. Save the changes and exit the file.
What user should PHP-FPM run as?
The PHP-FPM user should be a special user that you create for running your website, whether it is Magento, WordPress, or anything.
What is PHP-FPM service?
PHP-FPM (FastCGI Process Manager) is an alternative to FastCGI implementation of PHP with some additional features useful for sites with high traffic. It is the preferred method of processing PHP pages with NGINX and is faster than traditional CGI based methods such as SUPHP or mod_php for running a PHP script.
How can I tell if a webserver is running?
If your webserver runs on standard port see “netstat -tulpen |grep 80”. It should tell you which service is running. Now you can check the configs, you’ll find them normally in /etc/servicename, for example: apache configs are likely to find in /etc/apache2/. There you’ll get hints where the files are located.
How do I know if PHP is running on Linux?
How to check the PHP version on Linux
- Open a bash shell terminal and use the command “php –version” or “php -v” to get the version of PHP installed on the system. …
- You can also check for the package versions installed on the system to get the PHP version. …
- Let’s create a PHP file with content as shown below.