How do I backup a SQL database using CMD?
To create a backup of all MySQL server databases, run the following command:
- mysqldump –user root –password –all-databases > all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password mysql < all-databases.sql. …
- mysql –user root –password [db_name] < [db_name].sql. …
- select @@datadir;
How do I backup an entire SQL Server database?
SQL Server Management Studio
- Right click on the database name.
- Select Tasks > Backup.
- Select “Full” as the backup type.
- Select “Disk” as the destination.
- Click on “Add…” to add a backup file and type “C:AdventureWorks.BAK” and click “OK”
- Click “OK” again to create the backup.
What is SQL command-line?
SQL Command Line (SQL*Plus) is a command-line tool for accessing Oracle Database XE. It enables you to enter and run SQL, PL/SQL, and SQL*Plus commands and statements to: Query, insert, and update data. Execute PL/SQL procedures. Examine table and object definitions.
Does full SQL backup include transaction logs?
A full database backup backs up the whole database. This includes part of the transaction log so that the full database can be recovered after a full database backup is restored. Full database backups represent the database at the time the backup finished.
What are the types of database backup?
Data Protection for Exchange supports different types of database backups: a full backup, copy backup, incremental backup, and differential backup.
Does Mysqldump include stored procedures?
mysqldump will backup by default all the triggers but NOT the stored procedures/functions. There are 2 mysqldump parameters that control this behavior: –routines – FALSE by default.
How do you dump a database?
To dump/export a MySQL database, execute the following command in the Windows command prompt: mysqldump -u username -p dbname > filename. sql . After entering that command you will be prompted for your password.
How do I get SQL command line?
Start the sqlcmd utility and connect to a default instance of SQL Server
- On the Start menu click Run. In the Open box type cmd, and then click OK to open a Command Prompt window. …
- At the command prompt, type sqlcmd.
- Press ENTER. …
- To end the sqlcmd session, type EXIT at the sqlcmd prompt.
How do I open SQL command line?
To start SQL Command Line from the desktop and connect locally:
- Do one of the following: On Windows: Click Start, point to Programs (or All Programs), point to Oracle Database 10g Express Edition, and then select Run SQL Command Line. …
- At the SQL Command Line prompt, enter the following command: CONNECT username/password.
How do I run a SQL script from the command line?
Run the script file
- Open a command prompt window.
- In the Command Prompt window, type: sqlcmd -S myServerinstanceName -i C:myScript.sql.
- Press ENTER.