How do you write a unit test case in SQL?
How to unit test a SQL query?
- create a view from my SQL query, for example called my_query.
- (for each test case) create a test-query that compares the outcome from this view with the inline defined query result.
How do you write a unit test case?
How to Write Better Unit Test Assertions
- – Arrange: set up the environment and prepare a bunch of objects to run the unit under test.
- – Act: call the unit under test.
- – Assert: check that outputs and side effects of the unit under test are as expected.
How do I create a unit test repository in SQL Developer?
To get started, open the Unit Test panel under the ‘View’ menu. Then on the Tools Menu, access the Unit Test flyout. ‘Select’ Current Repository’ will allow you to specify a connection to deploy the repository to. Once the repository is setup, the Unit Test panel will ‘know’ where it is going forward.
How do I test a procedure in SQL?
A typical SQL unit testing scenario is as follows:
- Create a database object to meet some business requirement.
- Create a SQL unit test to check the database object.
- Run SQL unit test to check the database object does the job or not.
- If the test is passed then move on to the next SQL unit test.
How do I test SQL commands?
Procedure: How to Test the SQL From the SQL Statement
- Right-click the SQL object and click SQL Statement. The Select Statement dialog box opens, as shown in the following image. …
- Click the Test SQL Statement button in the upper-right corner. The Test SQL Statement dialog box shows a sample of the data.
What is unit testing example?
A unit is a single testable part of a software system and tested during the development phase of the application software. The purpose of unit testing is to test the correctness of isolated code.
Example of Unit testing.
What is a unit test case?
A test case is the individual unit of testing. It checks for a specific response to a particular set of inputs. unittest provides a base class, TestCase , which may be used to create new test cases. test suite. A test suite is a collection of test cases, test suites, or both.
How do I Test a procedure in SQL Developer?
Creating and Running a Unit Test
- Select View > Unit Test. …
- In the Unit Test navigator, right-click Tests and select Create Test. …
- In Select Operation, select the hr_orcl connection that you used to create the AWARD_BONUS procedure. …
- Expand Procedures, select AWARD_BONUS and click Next.
What is unit testing in Plsql?
Good testing is essential to reduce bugs and produce quality software. Oracle SQL Developer offers the PL/SQL unit testing feature which lets developers and analysts effectively write and share test cases and suites to test their PL/SQL code.
What is unit testing and how it is done?
Unit Testing is a software testing technique by means of which individual units of software i.e. group of computer program modules, usage procedures and operating procedures are tested to determine whether they are suitable for use or not. … Unit Testing is typically performed by the developer.
How do I test a procedure in PL SQL?
Lines 30-37 invoke the PL/SQL Procedure under test. Immediately after calling the PL/SQL Procedure add IF conditions to test the outcome.
Each of the unit tests will have four sections:
- Describe unit test.
- DELETE and INSERT test data.
- Initialize and call the PL/SQL Procedure.
- Assert test results and record the results.
What are the types of integration testing?
Some different types of integration testing are big-bang, mixed (sandwich), risky-hardest, top-down, and bottom-up. Other Integration Patterns are: collaboration integration, backbone integration, layer integration, client-server integration, distributed services integration and high-frequency integration.
How do I test a function in PL SQL Developer?
Perform the following steps:
- Open SQL Developer.
- Right-click Connections and select New Connection.
- Enter the following and click Test: …
- Your test was successful. …
- Your connection was created successfully. …
- Your table was created successfully.
- Now you want to create a procedure.