How do I view a list of tables in SQL?
SQL command to list all tables in Oracle
- Show all tables owned by the current user: SELECT table_name FROM user_tables;
- Show all tables in the current database: SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables;
- Show all tables that are accessible by the current user:
Which command is used to see the list of tables in the database?
To get information about the tables from the Linux shell, you can use either the mysql -e command or the mysqlshow command that displays databases and tables information.
Which command is used for viewing structure of a table?
– The structure of a table can be viewed using the DESCRIBE TABLE_NAME command.
How do I view a SQL table query?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, select the table for which you want to show properties.
- Right-click the table and choose Properties from the shortcut menu. For more information, see Table Properties – SSMS.
How can I see all tables in Oracle?
The easiest way to see all tables in the database is to query the all_tables view: SELECT owner, table_name FROM all_tables; This will show the owner (the user) and the name of the table. You don’t need any special privileges to see this view, but it only shows tables that are accessible to you.
How do I get a list of tables in SQL Server?
- s.name AS SchemaName.
- ,t.name AS TableName.
- ,c.name AS ColumnName.
- FROM sys.schemas AS s.
- JOIN sys.tables AS t ON t.schema_id = s.schema_id.
- JOIN sys.columns AS c ON c.object_id = t.object_id.
- ORDER BY.
How do I display the contents of a table in MySQL?
After you create a connection to your database, execute the following two commands: USE <DATABASE NAME>; SELECT * FROM <TABLE NAME>; Then MySQL Workbench will show another pane with the results. This will be the entire contents of the table.
How do I list all the tables in a schema?
All Database Tables
If you want to list all tables in the Oracle database, you can query the dba_tables view. SELECT table_name FROM dba_tables ORDER BY table_name ASC; This view (and all others starting with dba_) are meant for database administrators.
What is the view in which you can modify the structure of a table called?
The SQL ALTER TABLE command is used to change the structure of an existing table.