What is a PHP process?
The PHP software works with the web server, which is the software that delivers web pages to the world. When you type a URL into your web browser’s address bar, you’re sending a message to the web server at that URL, asking it to send you an HTML file. … This process is essentially the same when PHP is installed.
How PHP documents are executed?
There are three different ways of supplying the CLI SAPI with PHP code to be executed:
- Tell PHP to execute a certain file. $ php my_script.php $ php -f my_script.php. …
- Pass the PHP code to execute directly on the command line. …
- Provide the PHP code to execute via standard input ( stdin ).
What does PHP do?
PHP (Hypertext Preprocessor) is known as a general-purpose scripting language that can be used to develop dynamic and interactive websites. It was among the first server-side languages that could be embedded into HTML, making it easier to add functionality to web pages without needing to call external files for data.
When PHP script is executed?
When PHP receives the file it reads through it and executes any PHP code it can find. After it is done with the file, the PHP interpreter gives the output of the code, if any, back to Apache. When Apache gets the output back from PHP, it sends that output back to a browser which renders it to the screen.
What are the 5 PHP operators?
PHP 5 Operators
- Arithmetic operators.
- Assignment operators.
- Comparison operators.
- Increment/Decrement operators.
- Logical operators.
- String operators.
- Array operators.
Does PHP need a server?
PHP Is Not Part of Your Browser. … Instead, you need PHP on a web server. It’s the web server—not the web browser—that can interact with a PHP interpreter. Your browser can handle HTML on its own, but it has to make a request to a web server to deal with PHP scripts.
Where does PHP get executed?
PHP code is executed on the server.
How do I open PHP in browser?
- Click the button Open In Browser on StatusBar.
- In the editor, right click on the file and click in context menu Open PHP/HTML/JS In Browser.
- Use keybindings Shift + F6 to open more faster (can be changed in menu File -> Preferences -> Keyboard Shortcuts )
Can we draw images using PHP?
You can draw a simple straight line between two given points using the imageline($image, $x1, $y1, $x2, $y2, $color) function. The $image parameter is an image resource that will have been created earlier using functions like imagecreatetruecolor() or imagecreatefromjpeg() .
What are the drawbacks of PHP?
Disadvantages of PHP :
- It is not that secure due to its open-source, because the ASCII text file are often easily available.
- It is not suitable for giant content-based web applications.
- It has a weak type, which can cause incorrect data and knowledge to user.
Is PHP still popular?
PHP is known to be the most frequently used programming language. According to W3Techs, 78.8% of all websites are using PHP for their server-side. Interesting fact: PHP originally stood for Personal Home Page. Now PHP is widely known and thought of as Hypertext Preprocessor.
Does PHP execute in order?
When PHP reads a file, it compiles it to bytecode (compile time), then executes it (execution time / runtime). Unconditional function declarations are read at compile time, so that functions are already known when your code is executed.
What are basic commands of PHP?
Some basic PHP statements include:
- echo: Output one or more strings.
- print: Also output one or more strings.
- The assignment statement: Assigns a value to a variable.
- include: Include and evaluate the specified file.
- require: Same as include except it produces a fatal error on failure instead of a warning.