How do I select a row in SQL?
To select rows using selection symbols for character or graphic data, use the LIKE keyword in a WHERE clause, and the underscore and percent sign as selection symbols. You can create multiple row conditions, and use the AND, OR, or IN keywords to connect the conditions.
How do I select the top 1 row of each group in SQL Server?
First, you need to write a CTE in which you assign a number to each row within each group. To do that, you can use the ROW_NUMBER() function. In OVER() , you specify the groups into which the rows should be divided ( PARTITION BY ) and the order in which the numbers should be assigned to the rows ( ORDER BY ).
How do you use the top 1?
For example, if you want to return the most expensive products, you can use the TOP 1 . However, if two or more products have the same prices as the most expensive product, then you miss the other most expensive products in the result set. To avoid this, you can use TOP 1 WITH TIES .
What does select top 1 do in SQL?
SELECT TOP 1 Means Selecting the very 1st record in the result set. SELECT 1 Means return 1 as the result set.
How do I get last 10 rows in SQL?
The following is the syntax to get the last 10 records from the table. Here, we have used LIMIT clause. SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM yourTableName ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 10 )Var1 ORDER BY id ASC; Let us now implement the above query.
How do I have multiple rows in one row in SQL?
STUFF Function in SQL Server
- Create a database.
- Create 2 tables as in the following.
- Execute this SQL Query to get the student courseIds separated by a comma. USE StudentCourseDB. SELECT StudentID, CourseIDs=STUFF. ( ( SELECT DISTINCT ‘, ‘ + CAST(CourseID AS VARCHAR(MAX)) FROM StudentCourses t2.
How do I get the highest value in 3 columns in SQL?
To get the maximum value from three different columns, use the GREATEST() function. Insert some records in the table using insert command. Display all records from the table using select statement.
How do I select the first entry in SQL?
The SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax: SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- MySQL Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Oracle 12 Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. …
- Older Oracle Syntax: SELECT column_name(s) …
- Older Oracle Syntax (with ORDER BY): SELECT *
How do I find the maximum number of groups in SQL?
SELECT department, MAX(salary) AS “Highest salary” FROM employees GROUP BY department; Because you have listed one column in your SQL SELECT statement that is not encapsulated in the MAX function, you must use the SQL GROUP BY clause. The department field must, therefore, be listed in the GROUP BY section.
How do you SELECT the top 5 values in SQL?
SQL SELECT TOP Clause
- SQL Server / MS Access Syntax. SELECT TOP number|percent column_name(s) FROM table_name;
- MySQL Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. LIMIT number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons. LIMIT 5;
- Oracle Syntax. SELECT column_name(s) FROM table_name. WHERE ROWNUM <= number;
- Example. SELECT * FROM Persons.
How do you SELECT top 5 salary in SQL?
- SELECT MAX(salary) FROM employee; …
- SELECT MAX(slary), dept_id from employee group by dept_id; …
- select distinct salary from employee order by salary desc limit 5; …
- select distinct salary, dept_id from employee order by salary desc limit 5;
How do you SELECT top 10 values in SQL?
Example – Using TOP PERCENT keyword
SELECT TOP(10) PERCENT contact_id, last_name, first_name FROM contacts WHERE last_name = ‘Anderson’ ORDER BY contact_id; This SQL SELECT TOP example would select the first 10% of the records from the full result set.