How do you find the quotient in MySQL?
DIV() Function in MySQL
- Syntax : SELECT x DIV y;
- Parameter : This method accepts two parameters as given below as follows.
- Example-1 : Getting quotient 2 when 7 is divided by 3. …
- Output : 2.
- Example-2 : Getting quotient 1 when 4 is divided by 4. …
- Output : 1.
- Example-3 : Getting quotient 0 when 2 is divided by 4. …
- Output : 0.
How do you divide in SQL Server?
The division operator can be used anywhere there is an expression. This means you can use the SQL division operator with: SELECT .
Change the Operands to a Decimal or Floating-Point Number.
|SELECT 11.0 / 6.0||1.833333|
Where can I find modulo in SQL Server?
The SQL DISTINCT command along with the SQL MOD() function is used to retrieve only unique records depending on the specified column or expression.
- Syntax: MOD( dividend, divider )
- PostgreSQL and Oracle. …
- MySQL Syntax: MOD(dividend,divider); dividend % divider; dividend MOD divider;
- Parameters: …
What is the quotient in math?
: the number obtained by dividing one number by another Dividing 10 by 5 gives a quotient of 2.
What is the quotient of 3 and a number?
the quotient of three and a number n translates to 3 divided by the number n, given the quotient indicates division or a fraction.
How do you find the quotient and remainder in Oracle?
Oracle / PLSQL: REMAINDER Function
- Description. The Oracle/PLSQL REMAINDER function returns the remainder of m divided by n.
- Syntax. The syntax for the REMAINDER function in Oracle/PLSQL is: REMAINDER( m, n ) …
- Calculation. The REMAINDER is calculated as follows: m – (n * X) …
- Note. …
- Returns. …
- Applies To. …
How do I run MySQL?
use the MySQL command line client: mysql -h hostname -u user database < path/to/test. sql. Install the MySQL GUI tools and open your SQL file, then execute it.
How do I round up in MySQL?
You can use ceil (ceiling). It only rounds up, so you’ll have to multiply with 10000, do the ceil and then divide the result again.
What is Nullif SQL Server?
Description. In SQL Server (Transact-SQL), the NULLIF function compares expression1 and expression2. If expression1 and expression2 are equal, the NULLIF function returns NULL. Otherwise, it returns the first expression which is expression1.
How do you divide two numbers in SQL?
The SQL divide ( / ) operator is used to divide one expressions or numbers by another.
Which query is used to get the current date?
MySQL SYSDATE() Function
The SYSDATE() function returns the current date and time. Note: The date and time is returned as “YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS” (string) or as YYYYMMDDHHMMSS (numeric).
How do you find the difference in SQL?
SQL Server DIFFERENCE() Function
The DIFFERENCE() function compares two SOUNDEX values, and returns an integer. The integer value indicates the match for the two SOUNDEX values, from 0 to 4. 0 indicates weak or no similarity between the SOUNDEX values. 4 indicates strong similarity or identically SOUNDEX values.
How do I find an alternate record in SQL?
How to get the alternate rows or records from table in sql server
- ;WITH PRS (Name, Gender, R)
- SELECT NAME, GENDER, ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY GENDER ORDER BY GENDER) AS R.
- FROM #PERSON.
- SELECT NAME, GENDER FROM PRS ORDER BY R, GENDER DESC.