How do you calculate business days in SQL query?
In this approach, we employ several steps that make use of DATEDIFF and DATEPART functions to successfully determine working days.
- Step 1: Calculate the total number of days between a date range. …
- Step 2: Calculate the total number of weeks between a date range. …
- Step 3: Exclude Incomplete Weekends.
How do you subtract business days in SQL?
If you only care about weekends and ignore holidays, you can use the following formula: DATEADD(DAY, -7*(@bdays / 5) + @bdays % 5, @start_date) . Then if the result falls on Saturday subtract 1 day, if it falls on Sunday subtract 2 days.
How do you add days and excluding weekends in SQL?
Using the Code
- SET @addDate = DATEADD(d, @numDays, @addDate)
- IF DATENAME(DW, @addDate) = ‘sunday’ SET @addDate = DATEADD(d, 1, @addDate)
- IF DATENAME(DW, @addDate) = ‘saturday’ SET @addDate = DATEADD(d, 2, @addDate)
- RETURN CAST (@addDate AS DATETIME)
How do I calculate working days in a month in SQL?
This code is regional and language independant.
- DECLARE @theDate DATETIME.
- SET @theDate = GETDATE()
- SELECT 20 + COUNT(*)
- FROM (
- SELECT DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, @theDate), 28) AS theDate UNION.
- SELECT DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, @theDate), 29) UNION.
- SELECT DATEADD(MONTH, DATEDIFF(MONTH, 0, @theDate), 30)
How do I select weekday in SQL?
The WEEKDAY function returns the index of the weekday (0=Monday, 1=Tuesday, 2=Wednesday, 3=Thursday, 4=Friday, 5=Saturday, 6=Sunday) given a date value. See also the DAYNAME function.
How do you exclude weekends in SQL query?
For excluding weekend data we need to write the query as:
- SELECT *
- FROM table.
- WHERE ((DATEPART(dw, CheckedInDate) + @@DATEFIRST) % 7) NOT IN (0, 1)
How do I subtract days from a date in SQL?
MySQL DATE_SUB() Function
- Subtract 10 days from a date and return the date: SELECT DATE_SUB(“2017-06-15”, INTERVAL 10 DAY); …
- Subtract 15 minutes from a date and return the date: …
- Subtract 3 hours from a date and return the date: …
- Add 2 months to a date and return the date:
How do I get Saturday and Sunday in SQL?
Use the DATENAME() function and specify the datepart as weekday . select ID, Name, Salary, Date from dbo. yourTable where datename(weekday, Date) in (‘Saturday’, ‘Sunday’);
How use Datename function in SQL?
Can be one of the following values:
- year, yyyy, yy = Year.
- quarter, qq, q = Quarter.
- month, mm, m = month.
- dayofyear = Day of the year.
- day, dy, y = Day.
- week, ww, wk = Week.
- weekday, dw, w = Weekday.
- hour, hh = hour.
How do you find the difference between two dates and excluding weekends in Excel?
The Excel NETWORKDAYS function calculates the number of working days between two dates. NETWORKDAYS automatically excludes weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and can optionally exclude a list of holidays supplied as dates.