How do you get a particular word from a string in SQL?
Method 1 – Using CHARINDEX() function
This function is used to search for a specific word or a substring in an overall string and returns its starting position of match. In case no word is found, then it will return 0 (zero).
How do I remove the first word from a string in SQL?
Remove first character from string in SQL Server
- Using the SQL Right Function.
- Using the Substring Function. Declare @name as varchar(30)=’Rohatash’ Select substring(@name, 2, len(@name)-1) as AfterRemoveFirstCharacter.
How do I select the first word in MySQL?
SELECT SUBSTRING_INDEX(yourColumnName,’ ‘,1) as anyVariableName from yourTableName; In the above query, if you use -1 in place of 1 then you will get the last word.
How do I split a string in SQL?
SQL Server 2016 introduced a new built-in table-valued function, STRING_SPLIT that splits the provided input string by a specified separation character and returns the output separated values in the form of table, with a row for each delimited value between each separator character.
How do I get the first character of a string in SQL?
SQL Server SUBSTRING() Function
- Extract 3 characters from a string, starting in position 1: SELECT SUBSTRING(‘SQL Tutorial’, 1, 3) AS ExtractString;
- Extract 5 characters from the “CustomerName” column, starting in position 1: …
- Extract 100 characters from a string, starting in position 1:
What is XOR SQL?
MySQL XOR operator checks two operands (or expressions) and returns TRUE if one or the other but not both is TRUE. Syntax: XOR. MySQL Logical XOR returns a NULL when one of the operands is NULL.
How do you say contains in SQL?
For Microsoft SQL Server, CONTAINS() allows for a full text pattern match SQL search queries on your table. It returns a boolean value that indicates whether the function is truthy or falsy. SELECT
How do I remove a junk character in SQL?
- DECLARE @I INT.
- Set @I=0.
- WHILE @I
- if (@i between 128 and 255)
- If (@i not in (169,153,174))
- SELECT @strIn=REPLACE(@strIn, char(@i), ”) –this replaces the current char with a space.
How do I get the last character of a string in SQL?
To get the first n characters of string with MySQL, use LEFT(). To get the last n char of string, the RIGHT() method is used in MySQL.