What are the features of SQL Server 2012?
Top 10 Exciting New Features of SQL Server 2012
- Column Store Indexes.
- Business Intelligence.
- Sequence Objects.
- Windows Server Core Support.
- Error Handling.
- New T-SQL Functions.
- Enhanced Execute Keyword with WITH RESULT SETS.
How do I open feature selection in SQL Server?
On the Installation Type page, select the option Add features to an existing instance of SQL Server, and select the instance you would like to update. On the Feature Selection page, select the components for your installation.
How can I see what processes are running in SQL Server 2012?
You can view this by Right Clicking on Instance Name in SQL Server Management Studio and selecting “Activity Monitor”. Activity monitor tells you what the current and recent activities are in your SQL Server Instance. The above screenshot displays an overview window for the Activity Monitor.
What is the new features it added in SQL Server 2012?
Following is an overview of the new features provided in SQL Server 2012: New storage features—Columnstore indexes, FileTable storage. New Transact-SQL (T-SQL) constructs—Sequence objects, THROW statement, new conversion, logical, string, and date and time functions, and ad hoc query paging.
What are the new features added in SQL Server 2012?
SQL Server 2012 New Features and Enhancements
- Hadoop Integration. Hadoop integration allows organizations to move data back and forth from Hadoop to SQL Server. …
- Distributed Replay. …
- Enhanced PowerShell Support. …
- User Defined Server Roles. …
- Master Data Services. …
- Power View. …
- Contained Databases. …
- Columnstore indexes.
How can I tell what SQL features are installed?
How to identify what features has been installed in your SQL…
- Click on “Start” –> “All Programs” –> “Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2” –> “Configuration Tools” –> “SQL Server Installation Center.
- Click on “Tools”
- Click on “Installed SQL Server features discovery report”
Is SQL Server free?
SQL Server 2019 Express is a free edition of SQL Server, ideal for development and production for desktop, web, and small server applications.
How do you optimize a query?
It’s vital you optimize your queries for minimum impact on database performance.
- Define business requirements first. …
- SELECT fields instead of using SELECT * …
- Avoid SELECT DISTINCT. …
- Create joins with INNER JOIN (not WHERE) …
- Use WHERE instead of HAVING to define filters. …
- Use wildcards at the end of a phrase only.
Where is currently executing query in SQL Server?
You can find which queries are running from a long time and utilizing CPU. To run this query, start SQL Server Management Studio, Open New Query window and copy below query in it. Now click on Execute button to run this query. Run the above query using SQL server management studio.
How do you identify a slow query?
- Open SQL Server Profiler (in Performance Tools)
- File -> New Trace…
- Connect to your database.
- Click the Events Selection tab.
- Select only events which correspond to SQL queries finishing: …
- Click Column Filters…
- Click Duration in the list.
What is intelligent query processing?
The intelligent query processing (IQP) feature family includes features with broad impact that improve the performance of existing workloads with minimal implementation effort to adopt.
What is new keyword in SQL?
NEW is a pseudo-record name that refers to the new table row for insert and update operations in row-level triggers. Its usage is :NEW. column , where column is the name of a column in the table on which the trigger is defined.
What are the benefits of a SQL Server?
Advantages of SQL Server
- Easy to Install.
- Enhanced Performance.
- Several SQL Server Editions.
- Highly Secure.
- Excellent Data Restoration and Recovery Mechanism.
- Lower Cost Of Ownership.