How do I change the SQL Agent log path?
To rename a SQL Server Agent error log
Right-click the Error Logs folder and select Configure. In the Configure SQL Server Agent Error Logs dialog box, in the Error log file box, enter the new file path and file name for the error log.
Can you rename a SQL Server?
SQL Server does not support renaming computers that are involved in replication, except when you use log shipping with replication. The secondary computer in log shipping can be renamed if the primary computer is permanently lost.
How do you rename a database?
Rename a database using SQL Server Management Studio
- In Object Explorer, connect to your SQL instance.
- Make sure that there are no open connections to the database. …
- In Object Explorer, expand Databases, right-click the database to rename, and then click Rename.
- Enter the new database name, and then click OK.
Can I change logical name of database SQL Server?
Change the logical file for the SQL Server Database
To change the logical file name, view the database properties by right click on the database -> properties. … In the below script, we can see the ‘NEWNAME’ for the logical file name in the alter database command.
Where is the SQL Server Agent log?
To view the SQL Server Agent error log. In Object Explorer, click the plus sign to expand the server that contains the SQL Server Agent error log that you want to view. Click the plus sign to expand SQL Server Agent. Click the plus sign to expand the Error Logs folder.
Where is Sqllogdir defined in SQL Server?
The directory in which SQL Server is installed. By default, this value is C:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL. Replacement token for the SQL Server error log folder path – for example, $(ESCAPE_SQUOTE(SQLLOGDIR)).
How do I rename my database server?
To change the name of a server
- In Registered Servers, expand Database Engine and then Local Server Groups.
- Right-click a server and select Properties to open the Edit Server Registration Properties dialog window.
- In the Registered server name text box, type the new name for the server registration, and then click Save.
How do you rename a server?
Change Hostname using GUI
- Log in to the server via RDP.
- Navigate to the “This PC” screen and click “System properties”.
- Click “Change settings” next to the current computer name.
- Click the “Change” button.
- Enter a new computer name and confirm by clicking “OK”.
- Restart the server.
How do I change my localhost name to SQL Server?
- Go to SQl Server Configuration Manager.
- Open SQL Server Network Configuration.
- Click on my Named Instance.
- Open TCP/IP.
- Click on IP addresses.
- Added port 1433 to all ip’s.