How do I indent in SQL?
To change indent tab settings
- On the Tools menu, click Options.
- Click Text Editor.
- Select the folder for All Languages to set indenting for all languages.
- Click Tabs.
- To specify tab characters for tab and indent operations, click Keep tabs. To specify space characters, select Insert spaces.
How do I indent a stored procedure in SQL Server?
- To select desired indenting options, go to the SSMS Tools menu and, from the context menu, choose the Options command:
- In the Options window, click the Text Editor tab and under the All Languages sub-tab, select the Tabs tab:
How do I format SQL?
Syntax of SQL FORMAT Function
|Format String and description||Query|
|Output format – yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss||1 SELECT FORMAT(GETDATE(), ‘yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss’)|
|Output format – MM/dd/yy h:mm:ss tt||1 SELECT FORMAT(GETDATE(), ‘MM/dd/yy h:mm:ss tt’)|
|Output format – yy-M-d||1 SELECT FORMAT(GETDATE(), ‘yy-M-d’)|
Does indentation matter in PL SQL?
END IF; Horizontal alignment in the second block of code makes it much easier to follow, even though it is syntactically and functionally identical to the first block of code. You should not use more than three or four levels of indentation in any block of code.
How do you get a proper case in SQL?
SQL Function to make all TEXT to propercase in SQL Server
- create function ConvertToTitleCase(@Text as varchar(8000))
- returns varchar(8000)
- declare @Reset bit;
- declare @Ret varchar(8000);
- declare @index int;
- declare @c char(1);
How do I make my SQL readable?
10 Best Practices to Write Readable and Maintainable SQL Code
- Use Uppercase for the Keywords. …
- Use Snake Case for the schemas, tables, columns. …
- Use aliases when it improves readability. …
- Formatting: Carefully use Indentation & White spaces. …
- Avoid Select * …
- Go for the ANSI-92 JOIN Syntax. …
- Use Common Table Expression (CTE)
How do you indent in Oracle SQL Developer?
Just right click, select FORMAT option, or, use Ctrl + f7 shortcut to format. If you have not set your own formatting rules, then it would take the default formatting. You can also save it as your default format.
How can I beautify code in SQL Server?
Format SQL Code in SSMS Query Window
To use the SSMS add-in component we will have to close and then open SSMS after the install of the add-in. Then open a SSMS query window, highlight the code that needs to be formatted. Then select Format T-SQL Code from the SSMS Tools menu. Here is the code after the formatting.
How do I change the format of a SQL result?
Press Ctrl+T to get this. I presume you are trying to change the result view in SQL Server Management Studio. If this the case what you need is ‘Result to Grid’ option. You can also use Ctrl + D to change the view to grid and ‘Ctrl + T’ to change it back to text.
How do I save text format in SQL Server?
Store RTF Data in a SQL Server Database
- Step 1: Create a Windows Application Project. …
- Step 2: Set the Form’s Properties and Add Controls. …
- Step 3: Add Database Access to the Form. …
- Step 4: build and run the Project.