How do I import a text file into MySQL table?
txt into the pet table, use this statement:
- mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE ‘/path/pet. txt’ INTO TABLE pet; …
- mysql> LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE ‘/path/pet. txt’ INTO TABLE pet LINES TERMINATED BY ‘rn’; …
- mysql> INSERT INTO pet VALUES (‘Puffball’,’Diane’,’hamster’,’f’,’1999-03-30′,NULL);
How do I run a text file in MySQL?
use the MySQL command line client: mysql -h hostname -u user database < path/to/test. sql. Install the MySQL GUI tools and open your SQL file, then execute it.
How do I import a text file into phpMyAdmin?
On the Import tab, select your file and then under Format of imported file :
- Choose CSV using LOAD DATA.
- Ensure that the Fields … by options are all blank.
- Leave Lines terminated by as auto.
- Under Column names, specify the name of the column into which you want the data to be inserted – i.e. my_column above.
- Click Go.
What statement can you use to import data into a table from a file?
The LOAD DATA INFILE statement allows you to read data from a text file and import the file’s data into a database table very fast. Before importing the file, you need to prepare the following: A database table to which the data from the file will be imported.
What Cannot have a trigger associated with it?
Since triggers execute as part of a transaction, the following statements are not allowed in a trigger: All create commands, including create database, create table, create index, create procedure, create default, create rule, create trigger, and create view. All drop commands. alter table and alter database.
How do you create a text file in SQL?
Creating a SQL File
- In the Navigator, select the project.
- Choose File | New to open the New Gallery.
- In the Categories tree, expand Database Tier and select Database Files.
- In the Items list, double-click SQL File.
- In the New SQL File dialog, provide the details to describe the new file. …
- Click OK.
How do I run a .SQL script?
To execute a script from the SQL Scripts page:
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then SQL Scripts. …
- From the View list, select Details and click Go. …
- Click the Run icon for the script you want to execute. …
- The Run Script page appears. …
- Click Run to submit the script for execution.
What is MySQL script?
Script files contain any MySQL client-readable commands that could be directly invoked on the interactive client. Each statement can be separated by a line break, and terminated by semicolons (;). Script files can be used in two different ways.