How do you dump a single table?
- mysqldump db_name table_name > table_name.sql.
- mysqldump -u <db_username> -h <db_host> -p db_name table_name > table_name.sql.
- mysql -u <user_name> -p db_name. …
- mysql -u username -p db_name < /path/to/table_name.sql.
- mysqldump db_name table_name | gzip > table_name.sql.gz.
How do I export a specific table in MySQL?
MySQL workbench tool can be used to export the data from the table. Open the MySQL database wizard & select the table you want to export. Right-click on the table name & select the table data export wizard option.
How do I purge a table in MySQL?
Use the following procedure to perform the truncate table operation using the MySQL CLI:
- Log in to your hosting account using SSH: mysql -u [username] -p [database_name) For example: mysql -u johndoe -p data_mysite.
- Enter your password.
- Execute: truncate table [table_name]
How do I dump a specific database in MySQL?
To dump/export a MySQL database, execute the following command in the Windows command prompt: mysqldump -u username -p dbname > filename. sql . After entering that command you will be prompted for your password.
How do you dump a table in SQL?
Dump a specific table or few rows (MySQL)
- The simplest case is the whole database dumping: …
- Sometimes, there’s a need to dump a single table from your database. …
- If you want to dump only rows that meet a specific criteria, you can add ‘where’ option to your mysqldump command.
How do you dump in SQL?
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Use the command cd to navigate to a directory where your user has write access. …
- Export the database by executing the following command: mysqldump –add-drop-table -u admin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` dbname > dbname.sql. …
- You can now download the resulting SQL file.
Which command will return a list of triggers?
SHOW TRIGGERS lists the triggers currently defined for tables in a database (the default database unless a FROM clause is given). This statement returns results only for databases and tables for which you have the TRIGGER privilege.
How do I copy a table in MySQL?
How to Duplicate a Table in MySQL
- CREATE TABLE new_table AS SELECT * FROM original_table; Please be careful when using this to clone big tables. …
- CREATE TABLE new_table LIKE original_table; …
- INSERT INTO new_table SELECT * FROM original_table;
Is TRUNCATE faster than delete?
TRUNCATE is faster than DELETE , as it doesn’t scan every record before removing it. TRUNCATE TABLE locks the whole table to remove data from a table; thus, this command also uses less transaction space than DELETE .
Is delete a DDL command?
DROP and TRUNCATE are DDL commands, whereas DELETE is a DML command. DELETE operations can be rolled back (undone), while DROP and TRUNCATE operations cannot be rolled back.
Is Alter DDL or DML?
Examples of DDL include CREATE , DROP , ALTER , etc. The changes that are caused by issuing DDL commands cannot be rolled back. DML – which stands for Data Manipulation Language which lets you run select, insert, update and delete queries.
What is dump file in MySQL?
Mysqldump is a command-line utility that is used to generate the logical backup of the MySQL database. It produces the SQL Statements that can be used to recreate the database objects and data. The command can also be used to generate the output in the XML, delimited text, or CSV format.