What is a general log?
The general query log is a log of every SQL query received from a client, as well as each client connect and disconnect. Since it’s a record of every query received by the server, it can grow large quite quickly.
How do I enable MySQL logs?
How to show the queries log in MySQL?
- Enable Query logging on the database. SET global general_log = 1; SET global log_output = ‘table’;
- Now you can view the log by running this query: SELECT * FROM mysql. general_log;
- If you want to disable query logging on the database, run this query: SET global general_log = 0;
What is MySQL General_log?
The mysql. general_log table stores the contents of the General Query Log if general logging is active and the output is being written to table (see Writing logs into tables).
How do I disable slow query log in MySQL?
To disable or enable the slow query log or change the log file name at runtime, use the global slow_query_log and slow_query_log_file system variables. Set slow_query_log to 0 to disable the log or to 1 to enable it.
Where is the MySQL log file?
The default location for each of the logs is the MySQL Data directory (C:ProgramDataMySQLMySQL Server [version number]Data), and the default log names are based on the computer’s device name.
Is there a MySQL log?
MySQL Server has several logs that can help you find out what activity is taking place. By default, no logs are enabled, except the error log on Windows. (The DDL log is always created when required, and has no user-configurable options; see Section 5.4. 6, “The DDL Log”.)
How do I debug MySQL?
To start the debugger, follow these steps:
- Choose a connection in the Visual Studio Server Explorer.
- Expand the Stored Procedures folder. Only stored procedures can be debugged directly. …
- Click on a stored procedure node, then right-click and from the context menu choose Debug Routine.
How do I start recording a general log in MySQL?
To enable General Logging via MySQL Workbench
- Start MySQL Workbench and open your instance. Open the Options File category.
- Open the Options File category. Open the Logging tab.
- Open the logging tab. Check the following checkboxes: general-log. …
- Click Apply to save changes. Close MySQL Workbench and restart RdpGuard Service.
What is audit log in MySQL?
The MySQL server calls the audit log plugin to write an audit record to its log file whenever an auditable event occurs. Typically the first audit record written after plugin startup contains the server description and startup options. … Contents of files referenced by statements such as LOAD DATA are not logged.
What is MySQL slow log?
The MySQL slow query log is where the MySQL database server registers all queries that exceed a given threshold of execution time. This can often be a good starting place to see which queries are slowest and how often they are slow. MySQL on your server is configured to log all queries taking longer than 0.1 seconds.
Why is MySQL running slow?
The MySQL Slow Query Log
The most common internal cause of database slowdowns are queries that monopolise system resources. Factors that contribute to poor query performance include inadequate indexing, fetching a data set that is very large, complex joins, and text matching.
How do you slow a query?
To enable the slow query log, type the following command at the mysql> prompt: SET GLOBAL slow_query_log = ‘ON’; There are additional options that you can set for the slow query log: By default, when the slow query log is enabled, it logs any query that takes longer than 10 seconds to run.