To see all created linked servers in SSMS, under Object Explorer, chose the Server Objects folder and expand the Linked Servers folder:
- To create a linked server in SSMS, right click on the Linked Servers folder and from the context menu select the New Linked Server option:
- The New Linked Server dialog appears:
How can I see the connections between tables in SQL Server?
Using SQL Server Management Studio
- Open the Table Designer for the table containing the foreign key you want to view, right-click in the Table Designer, and choose Relationships from the shortcut menu.
- In the Foreign Key Relationships dialog box, select the relationship with properties you want to view.
Use Sql Profiler
Run SQL server Profiler for a month against the target server (on a spare machine) to see if the linked server login name appears, this is the login name of the connection set up in the linked server configuration.
the query runs faster than joining a linked server database table to the query. If you copied the data through a linked server to a temp table like you did with OPENROWSET, the speed would be the same.
Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to an instance of SQL Server. In the Object Explorer, expand the node for the SQL Server database. In the Server Objects node, right-click Linked Servers and click New Linked Server. The New Linked Server dialog is displayed.
How do you read the relationship between tables?
A table relationship works by matching data in key fields — often a field with the same name in both tables. In most cases, these matching fields are the primary key from one table, which provides a unique identifier for each record, and a foreign key in the other table.
How do you find a table that contains a specific column in SQL Server?
Use this Query to search Tables & Views:
- SELECT COL_NAME AS ‘Column_Name’, TAB_NAME AS ‘Table_Name’
- FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS.
- WHERE COL_NAME LIKE ‘%MyName%’
- ORDER BY Table_Name, Column_Name;
How do I view a table diagram in SQL?
To open a database diagram
- In Object Explorer, expand the Database Diagrams folder.
- Double-click the name of the database diagram you want to open. -or- Right-click the name of the database diagram you want to open, and then choose Design Database Diagram.
What will happen if we try to insert the same set of data again into a table which has primary key?
If you attempt to insert a row with the same primary key as a previous row, you will get a SQL error (try it in the commented out code below). If you insert a row without specifying the primary key, then SQL will automatically pick one for you that’s different from other values.
The system catalogs (SYS objects) are stored in the resource DB. The resource DB is usually located at: <drive>:Program FilesMicrosoft SQL ServerMSSQL. 1MSSQLData , i.e. the same location of the master DB.
How do I find server dependencies?
In SSMS, right click on the table name and select “View Dependencies” as shown below we are looking at dependencies for the Employee table. This will give you the following view so you can see objects that are dependent on the Employee table.