How do I view a stored procedure history in SQL Server?
Connect to your SQL Server instance when prompted. On the Trace Properties screen, click on the Events Selection tab and select the SP:Completed counter in the Stored Procedures grouping of counters. Click on the General Tab to save the results to a table or file.
How do I get a list of user defined procedures in SQL Server?
Getting the list of all stored procedures in SQL Server DB
- Using SYS. PROCEDURES. SYS. PROCEDURES is an object catalog view has the sub set of SYS. OBJECTS with the object type = P, X, RF, and PC. …
- Using INFORMATION_SCHEMA. ROUTINES. INFORMATION_SCHEMA. ROUTINES is a system information schema view.
How do I find which database a stored procedure exists?
We can use OBJECT_ID() function like below to check if a GetCustomers Stored procedure exists in the current database. Specifying the Database Name and Schema Name parts for the Stored Procedure Name is optional.
Where can I find recently modified Stored Procedures in SQL Server?
You can use sys.proceedures to find the date of the most recent modification for stored procedures;
- SELECT [name], create_date, modify_date.
- FROM sys.procedures.
- ORDER BY 3 DESC;
How do I trace a stored procedure in SQL Profiler?
- Open SQL Server Profiler from the start menu or from SQL Management Studio (Tools menu) and log into the server and database when prompted. …
- On the General tab: …
- On the Events Selection tab: …
- Once the configuration is complete, click the Run button to start the trace.
What are the different types of Stored Procedures?
Different Types of stored procedure sql Server
- System Defined Stored Procedure. These stored procedures are already defined in SQL Server. …
- Extended Procedure. Extended procedures provide an interface to external programs for various maintenance activities. …
- User-Defined Stored Procedure. …
- CLR Stored Procedure.
What is difference between stored procedure and function?
The function must return a value but in Stored Procedure it is optional. Even a procedure can return zero or n values. Functions can have only input parameters for it whereas Procedures can have input or output parameters. Functions can be called from Procedure whereas Procedures cannot be called from a Function.
How can I see all triggers in SQL Server?
To view database level triggers, Login to the server using SQL Server management studio and navigate to the database. Expand the database and navigate to Programmability -> Database Triggers. To view triggers at the server level, Login to Server using SSMS and navigate to Server Objects and then Triggers folder.
Is a stored procedure faster than a query?
Stored procedures are precompiled and optimised, which means that the query engine can execute them more rapidly. By contrast, queries in code must be parsed, compiled, and optimised at runtime. This all costs time.
How do I view Stored Procedures?
Expand Databases, expand the database in which the procedure belongs, and then expand Programmability. Expand Stored Procedures, right-click the procedure and then select Script Stored Procedure as, and then select one of the following: Create To, Alter To, or Drop and Create To. Select New Query Editor Window.