Why should you comment code?
Commenting involves placing Human Readable Descriptions inside of computer programs detailing what the Code is doing. Proper use of commenting can make code maintenance much easier, as well as helping make finding bugs faster. Further, commenting is very important when writing functions that other people will use.
What are the best practices for commenting your code?
Here are some rules to help you achieve a happy medium:
- Rule 1: Comments should not duplicate the code.
- Rule 2: Good comments do not excuse unclear code.
- Rule 3: If you can’t write a clear comment, there may be a problem with the code.
- Rule 4: Comments should dispel confusion, not cause it.
How are comments written in Java?
The Java programming language has three kinds of comments:
- Traditional comments: The first five lines of the listing form one traditional comment. The comment begins with /* and ends with */. …
- End-of-line comments: The text //I? …
- Javadoc comments: A javadoc comment begins with a slash and two asterisks (/**).
How do you comment a script tag?
If you select a block of code and use the key sequence Ctrl+K+C, you’ll comment out the section of code. Ctrl+K+U will uncomment the code.
How do I comment on a photo?
Below are some of the fantastic comments for pics on FB to help you out.
- Your charm is irresistible.
- You look strong and confident.
- That is a perfect gentleman picture.
- That is a killer picture.
- This pic is lit and impressive.
- You are looking like a Rockstar.
- You are looking damn handsome brother!
- Always smart.
How do you comment out code?
Commenting out code
- In the C/C++ editor, select multiple line(s) of code to comment out.
- To comment out multiple code lines right-click and select Source > Add Block Comment. ( CTRL+SHIFT+/ )
- To uncomment multiple code lines right-click and select Source > Remove Block Comment. ( CTRL+SHIFT+ )
How do you write a good comment?
Top ten tips for writing a great comment
- Read the article. …
- Respond to the article. …
- Read the other comments. …
- Make it clear who you’re replying to. …
- Use the return key. …
- Avoid sarcasm. …
- Avoid unnecessary acronyms. …
- Use facts.
How much does it cost to comment code?
Three lines of comment for every line of code would not be excessive. For actual code, it would be much lower. I don’t agree with the extremists who think you should aim for zero comments, but certainly if you think you need comments you should first consider whether the code could be made clearer.
Should I add comments to my code?
A handy rule of thumb is: a comment should only be added to answer a question that the code can’t. If you aren’t confused by what a piece of code is doing, but rather why it’s doing it at that moment, then a comment should be added.
How do you comment professionally in code?
Following are 13 tips on how to comment your source code so that it is easier to understand and maintain over time.
- Comment each level. …
- Use paragraph comments. …
- Align comments in consecutive lines. …
- Don’t insult the reader’s intelligence. …
- Be polite. …
- Get to the point. …
- Use a consistent style. …
- Use special tags for internal use.